On February 25th 2016 Hennessey Performance propelled their 2016 Camaro SS to a top speed of 202.1 mph. Driven by Brian Smith at the Continental Tire Proving Grounds in Uvalde, Texas, the Hennessey Camaro, powered by a 751 HP LT1 V8 engine, became the first 2016 Camaro to break the 200 mph barrier.
The 200mph run is all thanks to the new HPE750 package, which features an overhaul of the standard Camaro SS’ 6.2-liter V8 and the addition of a supercharger. The TVS2300 pumps out a modest seven PSI of boost.
However back to the engine almost everything but the engine block has been swapped or at least modified – there are CNC ported cylinder heads, new headers, an upgraded camshaft, a new intake, and an overhaul to the engine management system. Total power is now 605bhp at 6,500 rpm. Tipping it over the hallowed 200mph try line required two bottles of nitrous oxide in the boot. That added another 146bhp to the party, bring the grand total to 751 bhp.
That’s good, according to Hennessey, for a 3.1-second run to 60 miles per hour and will also be able to cover the quarter mile in just 10.7 seconds.
The HPE750 Supercharged:
• 751 bhp @ 6,500 rpm
• 643 lb-ft torque @ 3,800 rpm
• 0-60 mph: 3.1 sec.
• 1/4 mile: 10.7 sec. @ 131 mph
• Top speed: 205 mph
• TVS2300 supercharger system running 7 psi boost.
• 1.75-inch stainless steel long-tube headers.
• Stainless steel mid-pipe exhaust upgrade.
• High-flow catalytic converters.
• CNC Ported Cylinder Heads ports- Competition valve job, extensive flow testing, chambers milled to desired cc.
• Lightweight hollow stem intake valves, exhaust valves.
• Extreme duty dual valve springs.
• Titanium retainers, machined locators & locks, GM valve seals.
• Chamber volumes measures & adjusted for compression.
• CNC work hand blended into valve job, spring pressures measured & adjusted for camshaft.
• HPE hydraulic roller camshaft upgrade.
• Hydraulic lifter upgrade.
• Extreme duty pushrod upgrade.
• HPE engine management upgrade & chassis dyno calibration.
• Professional installation
• All necessary gaskets & fluids.
• Chassis dyno testing. You’ll receive a before & after dyno graph report showing power and torque measured at the rear wheels.
• Road testing (up to 100 miles).
• Hennessey exterior badge (rear).
• HPE750 Powered by Hennessey badges (side & rear).
• Supercharged badges on hood.
• Hennessey HPE750 serial numbered plaque signed by John Hennessey (interior).
• Hennessey HPE750 serial numbered plaque signed by the HPE technician who builds you car (engine bay).
• Powered by Hennessey premium floor mats.
• Serial numbered Certificate of Authenticity personally signed by John Hennessey.
• Free lifetime membership in the official Hennessey Vehicle Registry (HVR).
• 3 Year / 36,000 mile limited warranty.
• Shell V-Power 93 octane gasoline.
• Pennzoil Ultra Platinum synthetic oil & filter change.